Sunday, October 31, 2010

My four week plans

My four week plan will involve four contents: Physical Education (PE), Math, ELA, and Health. In PE, I will have students write down the amount of time each student in their PE class takes to finish their mile run every day for a whole week.  Student's can also be instructed to figure out their heart rate after their run; which would involve health class and math.  In health, the human heart can be a subject discussed and how to maintain it.  In math students can work on average, mean, median, mode for the mile lap times; as well they can analyze information. Student's can also analyze the progress of their hearts health by recording their individual heart rate after they run daily.  For ELA, my TEK will be for the 6th grade, TEK 15B, which involves writing a poem. Generally under TEK 15, students should write a literary text to express their ideas or feelings about real or imagined people, events, or ideas.  With this in mind I will expect them to express how their hearts feel before their mile run and after, through a poem.  They can use poetic techniques such as alliterations, onomatopoeias, similes, or metaphors.  I still have more thinking to put into this, so this is where I am starting.  Hopefully it will work out well. 

No comments: